CREDIT AGRICOLE SUISSE OPEN GSTAAD 2013
Fearless Wawrinka Jumps Ahead Of Gstaad
by ATP Staff|
Stanislas Wawrinka prepared for his 10th appearance at the Crédit Agricole Suisse Open Gstaad with a parachute jump in the Bernese mountains on Sunday.
The World No. 10, who had jumped once before, admitted, “At the beginning of the flight we were talking quite a lot, but just before jumping you obviously have to focus and you stop talking.”
Having landed safely, Wawrinka added, “It was a great experience. Of course, you get very nervous just before jumping off the plane but once you are in the air it’s a great feeling.”
Wawrinka lost to Gaston Gaudio in the 2005 final.
Juan Monaco was wondering why it took him so long before making his first appearance here this year.
"I don't know why I never played here before," said Monaco. "The place is beautiful, people are friendly and the hotel is great. I’m happy I finally made it to Gstaad."
- Best ATP World Tour Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 1-2
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 1-2
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 3-5
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Rivalries 2014 - Federer vs. Wawrinka
- Federer Adds To Legacy, Helps Switzerland Clinch First Davis Cup Crown