BB&T Atlanta Open 2013
Harrison Makes Winning Start In Atlanta
by ATP Staff|
The 21-year-old Louisiana native will go for his 50th tour-level win when he next faces fourth-seeded Dutchman Igor Sijsling. Harrison reached his first ATP World Tour semi-final at this event in 2011 (l. to Fish).
Two locals, Donald Young and Robby Ginepri, lost in the final round of qualifying, respectively to countrymen Tim Smyczek and Kevin King. Australian Matthew Ebden and German Mischa Zverev secured the other two qualification spots in the 28-player draw.
During the Emirates Airline US Open Series, players will earn bonus points based on their performances in the five North American hard-court tournaments leading up to the year’s final major. The top three finishers will have a chance to win bonus prize money at the US Open.
- Sock Impresses Atlanta Hawks' Carroll On Basketball Court
- Querrey Wins All-American Opener In Atlanta
- Isner To Play Entire Emirates Airline US Open Series
- Isner Saves 2 M.P For Title In Battle Of Atlanta Giants
- Roger-Vasselin/Sijsling Claim First Title In Atlanta
- Isner Trumps Hewitt In Heart Stopper