CREDIT AGRICOLE SUISSE OPEN GSTAAD 2013
Youzhny To Play Haase In Gstaad Final
by ATP Staff|
Sixth seed Youzhny reached his 21st ATP World Tour final (8-12 record) with a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Victor Hanescu, the 32-year-old Romanian and 2008 titlist (d. Andreev). It avenged Hanescu’s win at the BRD Nastase Tiriac Trophy in April.
Haase will be bidding to capture his third ATP World Tour title after he beat fifth seed and 2006 runner-up Feliciano Lopez 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 in one hour and 48 minutes.
"I served well today and I was fighting a lot," said Haase. "I was broken early in the first set and that’s the worst thing that can happen to you against Feliciano. But I managed to fight back and I’m very happy to be in the final."
By reaching the final he has become the second Dutchman to reach the final here. Tom Okker was a four-time finalist from 1968-1971. Haase is a two-time defending champion at the bet-at-home Cup Kitzbühel.
"It will be a difficult match," said Haase. "His game doesn't suit me. He's a great player with a lot of experience."
- Challenger Spotlight: Chung Extends Win Streak With Busan Title
- Baghdatis Wins 10th Title; Haase And Klahn Also Triumph
- Andujar Beats Monaco To Win Third ATP World Tour Title At Gstaad
- First Titles For Cermak/Rosol, Begemann/Haase
- Monaco, Andujar Reach Gstaad Final
- Haase To Meet Monaco In Gstaad SFs