BET-AT-HOME CUP KITZBUHEL 2013
Spaniards Granollers, Montanes Reach Second Round
by ATP Staff|
Eighth seed Marcel Granollers opened his bid for his fourth ATP World Tour title on Monday as he defeated wild card Mate Pavic 7-6(2), 6-2 in just under two hours in the first round of the bet-at-home Cup Kitzbühel.
The Spaniard is coming off a quarter-final showing in Gstaad (l. to Haase) and improved to a 15-17 match record on the season. He is bidding to win his first title since 2011 and goes on to face Horacio Zeballos, who battled past Austrian qualifier Martin Fischer 7-5, 1-6, 6-3.
Seventh seed Albert Montanes, who upset Richard Gasquet last week in Umag, defeated Adrian Ungur 6-4, 6-2. The 32 year old reached the final of this ATP World Tour 250 clay-court tournament on his last appearance in 2011 (l. to Haase).
Top seed Philipp Kohlschreiber will begin against Argentine Leonardo Mayer, who defeated Kenny De Schepper 6-4, 6-4. Since reaching the fourth round at Wimbledon (l. to Verdasco), De Schepper has lost in the first round at Newport (l. to Kuznetsov) and Gstaad (l. to Gimeno-Traver).
- First-Time Winner Spotlight: David Goffin
- Goffin Wins Maiden Title In Kitzbühel
- Finns Kontinen/Nieminen Claim Kitzbühel Crown
- Thiem, Goffin Eye First ATP World Tour Title In Kitzbühel Final
- Austrian Thiem Keeps Title Hopes Alive In Kitzbühel, Plays Monaco In SFs
- Goffin To Play Gonzalez In Kitzbühel SFs