BET-AT-HOME CUP KITZBUHEL 2013
Monaco, Haase Battle For Kitzbühel SF Berths
by ATP Staff|
Juan Monaco advanced to his third ATP World Tour semi-final of the season on Thursday.
Second seed Monaco, who picked up the 2007 bet-at-home Cup Kitzbühel title (d. Starace) on his last visit to the ATP World Tour 250 tournament, defeated Daniel Gimeno-Traver 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 in one hour and 55 minutes.
It was his 20th clay-court match win of 2013, which includes his eighth ATP World Tour trophy at the Power Horse Cup (d. Nieminen).
Monaco will next face seventh seed and 2011 finalist Albert Montanes. Monaco trails Montanes 1-2 in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series.
Montanes, who has finished in the Top 100 of the Emirates ATP Rankings for the past 12 years, defeated wild card Dominic Thiem 6-4, 6-3. He won his sixth ATP World Tour trophy in May at the Open de Nice Côte d'Azur (d. Monfils).
Robin Haase kept alive his chances of winning a third straight Kitzbühel title. He improved to a 12-0 record at the tournament after a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory over third seed and 2005 finalist Fernando Verdasco.
Granollers reached his first semi-final of the year after a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Leonardo Mayer in 81 minutes.
- First-Time Winner Spotlight: David Goffin
- Goffin Wins Maiden Title In Kitzbühel
- Finns Kontinen/Nieminen Claim Kitzbühel Crown
- Thiem, Goffin Eye First ATP World Tour Title In Kitzbühel Final
- Austrian Thiem Keeps Title Hopes Alive In Kitzbühel, Plays Monaco In SFs
- Goffin To Play Gonzalez In Kitzbühel SFs