ROGERS CUP 2013
Fleming/Murray To Face Peya/Soares For Montreal Doubles Crown
by ATP Staff|
Note: Sunday's doubles final will be shown live from 6.30pm CEST/12.30 EDT on TennisTV.com
Colin Fleming and Andy Murray ended Daniel Nestor’s run on home soil with a routine 6-3, 6-0 victory in the Coupe Rogers doubles semi-finals. Nestor, who was partnering with Robert Lindstedt, was aiming to win the title in his 25th consecutive appearance at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament. The loss leaves him two match victories shy of No. 900 for his career.
The British tandem of Fleming and Murray advance to their first doubles ATP World Tour final together. This will be the singles World No. 2’s fourth career doubles final, having won two titles with brother Jamie Murray. For Fleming, it will be his 13th career final and first at the Masters 1000 level.
Earlier in the day, third seeds Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares exacted revenge on ‘Polish Power’ Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, 6-2, 7-6(3) to reach their seventh final of the season on Saturday, in Montreal. The Austrian-Brazilian duo were upset by the Poles in the Hamburg final just a few weeks ago.
Currently second in the Emirates ATP Doubles Team Rankings, Peya and Soares are looking to win their fourth trophy of the year. They finished runners-up in their lone ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final this season, in Madrid.
- Murray Beats Ferrer In Valencia; Strengthens Bid For London Berth
- Berdych, Murray Boost London Chances As Race Turns To Basel And Valencia
- Murray Wins Vienna Thriller Over Ferrer; Boosts London Qualification Hopes
- Murray To Face Ferrer In Vienna Final; Both Continue Push For London
- Britney Auditions For Murray's New Girlfriend... In Spoof Film For Charity
- Ferrer Beats Murray In Battle Of London Contenders