US OPEN 2013
Statistical Preview: Djokovic Vs. Wawrinka
New York, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff|
IBM provides a statistical preview of Saturday’s US Open semi-final between Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka.
Match-up: Djokovic leads the FedEx ATP Head2Head 12-2, having won the past 11 meetings. Wawrinka played his best match of the tournament against Andy Murray in the quarter-finals, completely out hitting the defending champion (45 winners to just 15 from Murray).
Wawrinka will need the same level of play to have a chance against the World No. 1, who has been returning serve incredibly throughout the tournament. The other bad news for Wawrinka is Djokovic has been serving almost as well as he's returning - only five breaks in 16 sets played. Wawrinka's only real chance is to attack, attack and attack some more and hope the relentless pressure gets to Djokovic . With both players on the baseline the clear edge is to Djokovic.
Buy Tickets | TV Schedule
• Amazing return of serve - 34 breaks in 62 return games (55 per cent) - won 46 per cent returning first serves – 61 per cent returning second serves - generated more than one break point for every return game played (67 break points in 62 return games)
• Very solid serving – 70 per cent first serves in play – 76 per cent first serve points won - broken only five times
• Forehand is his big weapon off the ground - 63 forehand winners
• Very solid serve - did not face a break point against Murray - won 79 per cent of first serve points - 45 aces - won 58 per cent of second serve points - lost nine service games in 17 sets played
• Forehand is his weapon off the ground (64 forehand winners) - more total winners than unforced errors for the tournament
• Won 73 per cent of his net approaches.
|Novak Djokovic||Stanislas Wawrinka|
|70%||1st Serve %||55%|
|76%||1st Serve Points||79%|
|63%||2nd Serve Points||58%|
|22||Break Points Faced||24|
|92%||Service Games Held||89%|
|80%||Returns In Play||73%|
|46%||1st Return Points Won||33%|
|61%||2nd Return Points Won||50%|
|34||Breaks Of Serve||24|
|62||Return Games Played||82|
|55%||Return Games Won %||29%|
|55||Forehand Unforced Errors||71|
|52||Backhand Unforced Errors||60|
|107 of 144||Net Points Won||103 of 141|
|74%||Net Points Won %||73%|
|60%||Baseline Points Won||49%|
|08:46||Time On Court||13:12|
- Federer/Wawrinka Hand Swiss Advantage In Davis Cup Final
- Brilliant Wawrinka Strikes 61 Winners To Give Switzerland Lead In Davis Cup Final
- Rivalries Of 2014: Djokovic vs. Federer
- Djokovic Looks Back On "More Than Impressive" Season
- Djokovic Crowned Champion For Fourth Time
- Escape Artist: Federer Reflects On 2014 M.P. Saving Wins