US OPEN 2013
Statistical Preview: Ferrer Vs. Gasquet
New York, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff|
IBM provides a statistical preview of Wednesday’s US Open quarter-final between Richard Gasquet and David Ferrer.
Match-Up: Ferrer leads their FedEx ATP Head2Head 8-1, including a straight sets victory here last year in the fourth round. Both players have solid all court games. In the past, Ferrer has just been a bit too steady for Gasquet, but so far here this year it's been Gasquet who has played the steadier game. Ferrer has made more unforced errors than winners through four rounds. Second serve will be critical in this match-up as well. Both players return well against second serves, so the player who hits a higher percentage of first serves in play should have the edge.
Buy Tickets | TV Schedule
• Solid overall serving - 35 aces - 72 won on first serves – 53 per cent won on second serve - has saved 29 of the 42 break points he's faced
• Great balance from the baseline - 40 forehand winners - 42 backhand winners
• Created 60 break points in four matches but converted just 20 (33 per cent)
• Good first serve - 41 aces – 75 per cent first serve points won
• Very strong return game - won 59 per cent returning second serves – 79 per cent returns hit back in play
• Forehand strength from the backcourt 53 forehand winners) - won 76 per cent of his net approaches.
|Richard Gasquet||David Ferrer|
|60%||1st Serve %||61%|
|72%||1st Serve Points||75%|
|53%||2nd Serve Points||53%|
|42||Break Points Faced||33|
|83%||Service Games Held||80%|
|70%||Returns In Play||79%|
|28%||1st Return Points Won||36%|
|54%||2nd Return Points Won||59%|
|20||Breaks Of Serve||26|
|73||Return Games Played||73|
|27%||Return Games Won %||36%|
|32||Forehand Unforced Errors||80|
|41||Backhand Unforced Errors||55|
|77 of 117||Net Points Won||73 of 96|
|66%||Net Points Won %||76%|
|51%||Baseline Points Won||51%|
|11:24||Time On Court||11:25|