US OPEN 2013
Statistical Preview: Nadal Vs. Robredo
New York, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff|
IBM provides a statistical preview of Wednesday’s all-Spanish US Open quarter-final between Tommy Robredo and Rafael Nadal.
Match-up: Nadal is a strong favourite in this match-up. He's never lost to Robredo (6-0 FedEx ATP Head2Head lead) and has dropped just one set against his countryman in their six previous meetings. Nadal has not lost serve in reaching the quarter-finals and his forehand has been dominating. However, Robredo had never beaten Roger Federer before scoring the upset in the fourth round.
Buy Tickets | TV Schedule
• Serving well on first serve - 35 aces, 74 per cent points won on first serve - second serve has been a bit shaky (49 per cent points won) - has faced 46 break points in four matches, saved 35 of the 46.
• Forehand is his weapon off the ground (54 forehand winners)
• Broke serve 27 times in 70 return games - converted over half his break points (56 per cent)
• Only player who has not lost serve (56 consecutive holds)
• Broke his opponents' serve 22 times in 57 games (39 per cent return games won)
• Forehand has been huge - 78 forehand winners - winning 80 per cent of his net approaches & 60 per cent of his baseline points
|Tommy Robredo||Rafael Nadal|
|62%||1st Serve %||68%|
|74%||1st Serve Points||80%|
|49%||2nd Serve Points||67%|
|46||Break Points Faced||6|
|84%||Service Games Held||100%|
|78%||Returns In Play||73%|
|35%||1st Return Points Won||35%|
|57%||2nd Return Points Won||57%|
|27||Breaks Of Serve||22|
|70||Return Games Played||57|
|39%||Return Games Won %||39%|
|58||Forehand Unforced Errors||54|
|21||Backhand Unforced Errors||27|
|51 of 83||Net Points Won||71 of 89|
|61%||Net Points Won %||80%|
|51%||Baseline Points Won||60%|
|10:18||Time On Court||8:58|