DAVIS CUP SEMI-FINALS
Djokovic Inspires Serbia, Raonic Saves 1 M.P. To Level Tie
by ATP Staff|
SERBIA 1, CANADA 0
Venue: Belgrade Arena, Belgrade, SRB (clay – indoor)
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic led from the front for 2010 Davis Cup champion Serbia on Friday.
Djokovic lost just 10 points on serve and converted six of his 14 break point opportunities for his 51st match win of the season (51-9 overall).
Raonic defeated Tipsarevic, currently No. 23 in the Emirates ATP Rankings, 5-7, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 10-8 in four hours and 11 minutes, hitting 105 winners including 34 aces.
Raonic saved match point with an accurate serve at 4-5, advantage Tipsarevic, in the deciding set. Tipsarevic was broken to 15 at 8-8, before Raonic coolly served to wrap up a memorable win.
Serbia is competing in the semi-finals for the third time in the past four years. Canada is playing its fourth World Group tie since 2004.
- Watch Djokovic Spark Comeback Vs. Nadal In 2011 Miami Final
- Novak's Early Claim For Year-End No. 1 In Emirates ATP Rankings
- Brain Game: Djokovic Serves Up Clever Tactics For Victory
- Djokovic's Desert Dream: How The Indian Wells Final Was Won
- Match Vs Federer Is "The Ultimate Final" Says Djokovic
- Federer Sets Djokovic Final In Indian Wells