DAVIS CUP SEMI-FINALS
Czech Republic Reaches Davis Cup Final; Canada Leads Serbia 2-1
Prague, Czech Republic
by ATP Staff|
CZECH REPUBLIC 3, ARGENTINA 0
Venue: O2 Arena, Prague, CZE (hard – indoor)
Czech Republic has reached the Davis Cup final for the second successive year.
The defending champion will attempt to retain its title in November away to Serbia or Canada.
"We played a great game," said Berdych. "Everything was in the right place today. We didn't drop a serve. We were taking our chances."
Stepanek said, "It feels great; this competition means a lot to us. We would like to keep that trophy because it's beautiful."
By improving to 13-1 in Davis Cup doubles rubbers together, Berdych and Stepanek ensured that Czech Republic extended its winning streak to eight ties.
SERBIA 1, CANADA 2
Venue: Belgrade Arena, Belgrade, SRB (clay – indoor)
Nestor and Pospisil withstood 104 winners from Ilija Bozoljac and Nenad Zimonjic to triumph 6-7(6), 6-4, 3-6, 7-6(5), 10-8 in four hours and 21 minutes. Nestor, who made his Davis Cup debut in 1992, is now 31-7 lifetime in doubles rubbers for Canada.
- Pospisil/Sock Win Wimbledon Doubles Crown
- Bryans To Face Pospisil/Sock In Doubles Final
- Brain Game: Stepanek's Net Play Unsettles Djokovic
- Nestor/Zimonjic Begin Quest For Third Wimbledon Crown; Delgado Reaches Milestone
- Murray Records 450th Match Win To Start Wimbledon Title Defence
- Berdych From Sweet Tooth To Birthday Suit