Stuttgart Grass-Court Transformation Underway
by ATP Staff|
Court No. 18 at the Weissenhof Tennis Club is on its way to becoming the new Grand Stand court at the Weissenhof Tennis Club, as the MercedesCup in Stuttgart prepares to host an ATP World Tour grass-court tournament in 2015.
Under the supervision of the ground staff from the All England Club, construction began immediately following the conclusion of the clay-court tournament in July.
The Grand Stand court will be ready for the 2014 tournament, when an exhibition match will be held. Four other courts - Centre Court, ENBW Court, Court No. 12 and No. 13 - will be converted from clay to grass following the 2014 tournament.
In March, the ATP Board of Directors approved the MercedesCup’s request to switch to a grass court event. The tournament will take place in the lead up to Wimbledon, in the week following Roland Garros.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Berdych Goes To Washington
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner, Youzhny, Fognini Headline
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer Leads Hamburg Field
- Bautista Agut Wins Second Title In Four Weeks In Stuttgart
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Bautista Agut Beats Fognini In Stuttgart; Plays Rosol For Title