ERSTE BANK OPEN 2013
Peya/Soares Lend A Hand At Vienna Draw Ceremony
by ATP Staff|
They participated in drawing the chips and were assisted by Sid, the giant ground sloth from the film Ice Age. Now adapted as a live show in more than 30 countries, including Austria, Ice Age is in the midst of a five-year tour.
“It’s a pleasure to play at home,” said Peya, a Vienna native. “I’m slowly coming back after my injury and very much looking forward to be back on the tour at my home event.”
Currently No. 2 in the Emirates ATP Doubles Team Rankings, Peya and Soares are London-bound for the first time. The Austrian-Brazilian tandem will be playing in their first tournament next week since reaching their maiden Grand Slam final at the US Open. The dynamic duo has reached eight finals thus far in 2013, including title runs on the clay of Sao Paulo and Barcelona, the grass of Eastbourne and the hard courts of Montreal, their first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown together.
“Vienna is a beautiful city and it’s a great tournament,” added Soares. “We are very happy to play here and hope to play a great tournament.”
- Peya/Soares Capture Munich Doubles Title
- Vienna To Become An ATP World Tour 500 Event In 2015
- WimBelemDon Project Seeks Funds To 'Put Down Roots'
- Watch Rojer/Tecau Hot Shot; Peya/Soares Save 1 M.P. In Group A Win
- Doubles Groups Determined For Final Showdown
- Ferrer Learns Rubik's 'Cubism'; Teens Visit Basel Town Hall