ABIERTO MEXICANO TELCEL 2014
Murray, Isner To Join Ferrer In Acapulco
by ATP Staff|
Andy Murray and John Isner will join three-time former champion David Ferrer at the Abierto Mexicano Telcel in February, when the ATP World Tour 500 tournament will be contested on hard courts. Ferrer will be competing for the eighth time.
"I'm looking forward to playing in Acapulco for the first time next February,” said Murray, who is recuperating after minor back surgery. “I have heard so many great things about the tournament and the city and I am excited to play in front of a Mexican crowd, who love and know their sport.”
Tournament Director Raul Zurutuza said, “We are very happy to confirm that Andy, David and John will be playing in Acapulco in February. Next year, we begin a new chapter in the history of the tournament and we are very excited to move from clay to hard courts and open our chances to welcome new players to Acapulco so our fans can enjoy their tennis.”
The 21st edition of the tournament will be held from 24 February to 1 March 2014.
- Dimitrov Sails Into Third Round; Joins Fellow Finals Contender Ferrer
- Murray, Raonic Advance In New York
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Murray Prepared For Tricky US Open Draw
- Djokovic-Murray On US Open QF Collision Course; Ferrer In Federer's Half
- Janowicz Breaks Goffin's Unbeaten Streak