IF STOCKHOLM OPEN 2013
Johansson Makes Return In Stockholm
by ATP Staff|
After a two-year absence, Sweden's Joachim Johansson returns to the ATP World Tour at this week's If Stockholm Open. The former World No. 9 qualified for the main draw on Monday and will battle Colombian Alejandro Falla in the first round. The 2004 US Open semi-finalist retired from the tour in 2011.
In other action, Stockholm sixth seed Benoit Paire defeated Santiago Giraldo 6-4, 6-4 to reach the second round, joining Igor Sijsling and Pablo Carreno Busta, who won their respective matches.
David Ferrer is the If Stockholm Open's top seed, followed in order by Canada's Milos Raonic, Poland's Jerzy Janowicz and South African Kevin Anderson. Raonic can earn valuable points this week as he tries to improve his 11th position in the Emirates ATP Race To London.
- Challenger Spotlight: Paire Continues Dominant Run With Second Title Of Year
- Challenger Spotlight: Fratangelo Earns Maiden Title In Dramatic Fashion
- Federer, Nadal Headline In Basel; Ferrer Leads Valencia Field
- Ferrer, Raonic, Murray, Cilic Headline Indoor Events
- The Last Time... With Benoit Paire
- Dimitrov Meets Swedish Royal Family