BARCLAYS ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS 2013
Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown
by ATP Staff|
Newcomers Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo and defending doubles champions Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez have qualified for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
Granollers/Lopez and Dodig/Melo are set to join Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan, Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares and Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek at the prestigious event, to be held at The O2 in London, from 4-11 November.
The Croatian-Brazilian team of Dodig and Melo is third in the Emirates ATP Doubles Rankings after compiling a 21-16 match record on the season. They captured their first ATP World Tour title at the Shanghai Rolex Masters (d. Marrero-Verdasco) eight days ago and finished runners-up at Wimbledon (l. to Bryans).
Granollers/Lopez made the perfect debut at the season finale last year, becoming the first Spanish champions since Juan Gisbert and Manuel Orantes in 1975 as they defeated Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in the final. This season the Spaniards have compiled a 29-19 mark, reaching the Australian Open semi-finals (l. to Haase/Sijsling) and finishing runners-up at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati (l. to Bryans).
Three doubles team berths remain up for grabs with less than two weeks left in the regular ATP World Tour season.
- Nadal To Miss Remainder of 2014 Season
- Berdych, Murray Boost London Chances As Race Turns To Basel And Valencia
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Cilic Qualifies For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Actavis Renews Partnership With Barclays ATP World Tour Finals Through 2015