BARCLAYS ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS 2013
Dodig/Melo & Granollers/Lopez Qualify For Final Showdown
by ATP Staff|
Newcomers Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo and defending doubles champions Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez have qualified for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
Granollers/Lopez and Dodig/Melo are set to join Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan, Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares and Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek at the prestigious event, to be held at The O2 in London, from 4-11 November.
The Croatian-Brazilian team of Dodig and Melo is third in the Emirates ATP Doubles Rankings after compiling a 21-16 match record on the season. They captured their first ATP World Tour title at the Shanghai Rolex Masters (d. Marrero-Verdasco) eight days ago and finished runners-up at Wimbledon (l. to Bryans).
Granollers/Lopez made the perfect debut at the season finale last year, becoming the first Spanish champions since Juan Gisbert and Manuel Orantes in 1975 as they defeated Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in the final. This season the Spaniards have compiled a 29-19 mark, reaching the Australian Open semi-finals (l. to Haase/Sijsling) and finishing runners-up at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati (l. to Bryans).
Three doubles team berths remain up for grabs with less than two weeks left in the regular ATP World Tour season.
- Could Federer Be Headed Back To No. 1?
- Federer To Return To Barclays ATP World Tour Finals For Record 13th Straight Year
- Nadal, Bryans Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1; Qualifies For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals