IF STOCKHOLM OPEN 2013
Dimitrov Meets Swedish Royal Family
by ATP Staff|
The Swedish royals invited the 22-year-old Bulgarian to a private meet-and-greet in the Royal Prince Lounge, after watching him battle back to upset top seed David Ferrer in the singles final. Prince Daniel also presented Dimitrov with the Royal Trophy during the on-court awards ceremony.
“It was lovely to meet them, it was very nice. The baby was very cute and very quiet,” said Dimitrov.
Dimitrov, who rose to a career-high No. 22 Emirates ATP Ranking on Monday, is the first Bulgarian to win an ATP World Tour title in the Open Era.
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner, Youzhny, Fognini Headline
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer Leads Hamburg Field
- Dimitrov Breaks Into Top 10 of Emirates ATP Rankings
- Djokovic vs. Dimitrov: How The Wimbledon Semi-Final Was Won
- Djokovic Holds Off Dimitrov To Reach Third Wimbledon Final
- Dimitrov Primes Himself For Future Big-Four Battles