PLAYER NEWS 2013
Murray Talks OBE, Fantasy Football, Final Showdown Contenders
by Kate Flory|
Andy Murray revealed on Thursday that his rehabilitation from back surgery is on track and he will start hitting tennis balls as early as next week.
"It's six weeks on Monday since the surgery,” said Murray, who was at The Queen’s Club at a HEAD promotional event. “Rehab's been going well. I haven't hit any balls yet. All is on track. I'm hoping to maybe hit a couple of balls next week, but very few and very lightly just to see how it is. Then I'll start to progress from there. I've still got quite a way to go before I'm 100 per cent.
"I want to come back when I'm 100 per cent fit,” added the Scot, who is still hopeful of a return in time for the 2014 Australian Open. “I've been working very hard every single day to get myself back on court as soon as possible. When I'm back on court, it'll be when I should be because I'm doing all the right things. I'm training hard and I'll come back when I'm ready. Hopefully it won't be too long."
Afterwards, Murray say down with ATPWorldTour.com to talk about receiving his OBE, how his fantasy football team is faring, and who he sees as the main contenders for the upcoming Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
Watch Murray Interview
- Berdych, Murray Boost London Chances As Race Turns To Basel And Valencia
- Murray Wins Vienna Thriller Over Ferrer; Boosts London Qualification Hopes
- Murray To Face Ferrer In Vienna Final; Both Continue Push For London
- Britney Auditions For Murray's New Girlfriend... In Spoof Film For Charity
- Ferrer Beats Murray In Battle Of London Contenders
- Murray Confident As Form Improves