BNP PARIBAS MASTERS 2013
Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
by ATP Staff|
Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski currently hold down the eighth position in the Emirates ATP Doubles Team Rankings, with 2,955 points, but the Poles lost to the Bryans in the Paris second round. Mirnyi and Tecau added 180 points with their quarter-final win for 2,875 total points.
Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky saw their hopes of qualifying for London come to an end mid-afternoon. Needing to win the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament title, Gonzalez and Lipsky lost to second seeds Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares 3-6, 6-3, 10-5 in 63 minutes in the quarter-finals.
Later in the day, top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan, the 2005 and 2007 champions, edged past eighth seeds Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer 3-6, 6-3, 10-5 in 69 minutes. Fourth seeds Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo, who will join the Bryans at the season finale in London next week, defeated Rohan Bopanna and Edouard Roger-Vasselin 7-6(5), 3-6, 10-4 in 78 minutes.
- Berdych, Murray Boost London Chances As Race Turns To Basel And Valencia
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Cilic Qualifies For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Actavis Renews Partnership With Barclays ATP World Tour Finals Through 2015
- Ferrer, Murray Continue Race Charge In Vienna; Cilic On The Cusp