BNP PARIBAS MASTERS 2013
Mirnyi/Tecau Edge Closer To London Qualification With Paris SF Spot
by ATP Staff|
Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski currently hold down the eighth position in the Emirates ATP Doubles Team Rankings, with 2,955 points, but the Poles lost to the Bryans in the Paris second round. Mirnyi and Tecau added 180 points with their quarter-final win for 2,875 total points.
Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky saw their hopes of qualifying for London come to an end mid-afternoon. Needing to win the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament title, Gonzalez and Lipsky lost to second seeds Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares 3-6, 6-3, 10-5 in 63 minutes in the quarter-finals.
Later in the day, top seeds Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan, the 2005 and 2007 champions, edged past eighth seeds Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer 3-6, 6-3, 10-5 in 69 minutes. Fourth seeds Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo, who will join the Bryans at the season finale in London next week, defeated Rohan Bopanna and Edouard Roger-Vasselin 7-6(5), 3-6, 10-4 in 78 minutes.
- Brain Game: The Backhand Effect
- 2013 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals Delivers Record Audiences As Event Continues To Thrive In London
- Djokovic Retains Title With Two-Set Win
- Djokovic: ‘We Make Each Other Better’
- Nadal Relishes “Very Special” Year Amidst Final Defeat
- Novak Takes One Direction To The Top