BNP PARIBAS MASTERS 2013
Nadal: Ferrer Match-up 'Dangerous'
by ATP Staff|
Departing Paris for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, Nadal must regroup as he will battle Ferrer in his opening match at the season finale on Tuesday in London.
“We know each other very well. I know what things he is doing well,” said Nadal. “When he's playing well, he's very dangerous on all the surfaces, but especially on this one, because it's probably the worst surface for me.”
Given that the two have met 25 times in their FedEX ATP Head2Head series, Nadal doesn’t believe in changing tactics versus Ferrer, but rather sees a need to focus on his court positioning.
“I need to move quicker. I was slow,” Nadal reflected. “I felt that I [was] always a little bit late on the ball. David, he's quick and he plays inside the court and he puts you pressure on you all the time. If I move [better], I’m going to have the chance to hit the ball quicker and play with [fewer] mistakes.”
Nadal and Ferrer were drawn into Group A, which also includes Tomas Berdych and first-time qualifier Stanislas Wawrinka.
- Nadal Drawn In Same Quarter As Djokovic At Roland Garros
- Nadal Reigns In Stats At Roland Garros
- Nadal Awarded Paris' Highest Honour
- Wawrinka Denies Nadal In Rome To Set Federer Clash
- Nadal Enters Unfamiliar Territoriy After Rome QF Loss
- Kokkinakis, Mathieu Among Roland Garros 2015 Wild Card Recipients