BNP PARIBAS MASTERS 2013
Marrero/Verdasco & Qureshi/Rojer Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
by ATP Staff|
David Marrero and Fernando Verdasco booked a spot at The O2 in London, from 4-11 November, after Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan beat Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski 6-3, 5-7, 10-8 in the second round, during the evening session.
Qureshi and Rojer moved up to fifth position in the Emirates ATP Doubles Team Rankings - overtaking Marrero and Verdasco - after they defeated Julien Benneteau and Nenad Zimonjic 6-4, 6-4 in the BNP Paribas Masters.
The Pakistani-Dutch pair, who went 0-3 in round-robin play at the season-ending championships in 2012, booked their spot as a result of Max Mirnyi and Horia Tecau beating Marrero and Verdasco 6-7(3), 7-5, 10-8 mid-afternoon.
Peya and Soares knocked out Fabio Fognini and Andreas Seppi 7-6(4), 6-7(1), 10-8, Dodig and Melo overcame Jeremy Chardy and Gilles Simon 6-3, 6-2, while reigning Barclays ATP World Tour Finals champions Granollers and Lopez beat Eric Butorac and Raven Klaasen.
- Verdasco Notches No. 400; Tsonga, Wawrinka Advance
- Could Federer Be Headed Back To No. 1?
- Federer To Return To Barclays ATP World Tour Finals For Record 13th Straight Year
- Rojer Celebrates 200th Match Win
- Rojer/Tecau Win Fifth Team Title In Washington
- Nadal, Bryans Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals