Del Potro Cheers Up Young Patients At Tandil Hospitals
by ATP Staff|
Juan Martin del Potro and Tandil mayor Miguel Lunghi recently visited wards at the Children's Hospital and Hospital Ramon Santamarina.
Del Potro spoke to the children, signed autographs and posed for photographs at the Children’s Hospital.
"I think it was really great and I met a lot of kids. It is beautiful for me to share some moments with them," said del Potro. "To do it here is special for me".
Del Potro went on to visit the neonatology ward of the Hospital Ramon Santamarina, where they were welcomed by doctors who demonstrated how to use the incubator he donated.
"Visiting Tandil is great for me emotionally and it's where I get new energy, with my friends and family," said del Potro. "Each time I visit this city I find something new. I can see how it's growing in a great way so it makes me very proud.
"I hope it remains as one of the prettiest cities in Argentina. I haven't found a city in whole world that makes me feel as good as Tandil."
Del Potro will start his 2014 ATP World Tour season at the Apia International Sydney, which begins on 6 January.
- Del Potro "More Determined Than Ever" After Minor Surgery
- 'Smart' DelPo Withdraws From Australian Open
- Del Potro: "I Did More Than What I Expected" In Comeback
- Kukushkin Ends Del Potro's Sydney Run; Troicki Reaches Semis
- Del Potro Beats Fognini For Sydney QF Berth; Goffin Beaten
- Del Potro Discusses Comeback Expectations