QATAR EXXONMOBIL OPEN 2014
Murray To Make Doha Comeback; Nadal Doubles Up
by ATP Staff|
Murray has been drawn to meet wild card Mousa Shanan Zayed at the ATP World Tour 250 tournament, where he won the 2008 and 2009 titles.
Interestingly, the World No. 4 has won an ATP World Tour title the past four times he has played in the opening week of the season. He lifted the Brisbane International trophy the past two years.
But the 26 year old might have his work cut out if he is to maintain his 19-match winning streak at tournaments in the first week of the year.
Nadal, the 2010 finalist, will open his 2014 ATP World Tour season against Lukas Rosol.
Ferrer, who is in the same half of the Doha draw as Murray, will face Alexandr Dolgopolov in the first round. Berdych goes up against Ivo Karlovic and defending champion Gasquet will challenge wild card Karim Hossam.
Murray played his last tour-level match on 15 September and underwent minor back surgery eight days later. He started on-court training again on 20 November, from his Miami base.
- Nadal Content With 'Very Positive Comeback'
- Nadal Back With Aplomb In Beijing
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Nishikori Headline In Asia; Nadal Returns To Action
- Murray Saves 5 Match Points For Shenzhen Crown
- Murray, Nishikori Look To Further London Bids In Sunday Finals
- Nadal Ready For Beijing Return: "I Am Much Better"