PLAYER NEWS 2013
Federer Expecting Third Child
by ATP Staff|
The 2014 season could not have gotten off to a better start for Roger Federer, who announced a new addition to his family earlier this week, via Twitter: “Mirka and I are very happy to share the news that Myla & Charlene will be big sisters in 2014! Happy Holidays.”
Federer will open his 2014 campaign with an unfamiliar stop on the ATP World Tour, as he plays at the Brisbane International for the first time. The top seed at the tournament, which commences Sunday, Federer is expecting his third child. Twins Charlene and Myla were born in July 2009.
The same day, Bob Bryan also took to Twitter to announce that his wife, Michelle, had given birth to a boy.
“Merry Christmas! I'm happy to report that Michelle just gave birth to a 9lb 5oz baby boy, Bobby Jr…Mom & baby are both doing great."
Their first child, Micaela, was born on 31 January 2012.
- Federer Rolls With MJ In The House
- Federer: 'Confidence Was Going Away Quickly'
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Djokovic Headlines US Open
- Djokovic-Murray On US Open QF Collision Course; Ferrer In Federer's Half
- Federer Accepts #IceBucketChallenge
- Federer To Return To Barclays ATP World Tour Finals For Record 13th Straight Year