AIRCEL CHENNAI OPEN 2014
Paire To Face Granollers In Chennai QFs
by ATP Staff|
Paire started his 2014 ATP World Tour season with a 6-1, 6-4 win over Guillermo Garcia-Lopez for improve to 2-0 in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series. Paire hit five aces and saved 11 of the 12 break points he faced.
Granollers, who is competing in Chennai for the first time in four years, beat local qualifier Ramkumar Ramanathan 6-2, 6-4 for a quarter-final berth. Ramanathan won three straight game from 1-4 in the second set, but had his serve broken to 30 in the ninth game.
World No. 32 Pospisil advanced by walkover when his quarter-final opponent, Yen-Hsun Lu, pulled out ahead of their clash with a right quadriceps injury.
Bhambri was leading Fabio Fognini 6-1, 5-5, when the third seed retired after 66 minutes of play with a left quadriceps injury.
Somdev Devvarman is the only other Indian to have reached the quarter-final in Chennai, when he made a surprise run to the 2009 final.
Indo-Pak Express Upset
The wild card duo of Russian Karen Khachanov and Indian Saketh Myneni upset top seeds Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi 7-5, 2-6, 12-10. 'The Indo-Pak Express' last played together at the 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, and have reunited for the 2014 season.
- Wawrinka Upends Roger-Vasselin For Second Chennai Title
- Brunstrom/Nielsen Emerge Victorious In Chennai
- Wawrinka To Meet Roger-Vasselin In Chennai Final
- Wawrinka Records 300th Match Win; Reaches Chennai SFs
- Wawrinka Gets Off To "Good Start" In Chennai
- Granollers, Roger-Vasselin Into Second Round; Devvarman Falls