AIRCEL CHENNAI OPEN 2014
Granollers, Roger-Vasselin Into Second Round; Devvarman Falls
by ATP Staff|
Granollers overcame qualifier Radu Albot 6-4, 3-6, 6-0 in two hours and 21 minutes, while Roger-Vasselin began his 2014 ATP World Tour season with a 6-1, 6-3 victory over Albert Ramos.
“I was so nervous, so I couldn’t serve well initially,” said Ramanathan. “It was great that the crowd supported both of us. I just wanted to try my best on every point. I first thought I had a chance to win at the start of the third set, although he made it difficult for me to win. I am very happy to have won.”
Watch Ramanathan-Devvarman Highlights
Another qualifier, Alexandr Kudryavtsev, also caused an upset when he defeated eighth seed Roberto Bautista Agut 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.
Yuki Bhambri, who is currently No. 195 in the Emirates ATP Rankings, converted all four of his break point opportunities to beat the ATP Most Improved Player of the Year in 2013, Pablo Carreno Busta, 6-4, 6-4.
Indo-Pak Express Scrape Through
Top seeds Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi, known as “The Indo-Pak Express”, completed a 6-4, 4-6, 11-9 win over Benoit Paire and Stanislas Wawrinka for a place in the quarter-finals.
- Wawrinka Wins Third Chennai Title
- Lu/Marray Upset Paes/Klaasen For Chennai Crown
- Bedene Saves 4 M.P. To Reach Chennai Final Against Wawrinka
- Defending Champion Wawrinka, Bautista Agut Advance To Chennai SFs
- Lopez Upset, Bautista Agut Soars Into Chennai QF
- Federer Feeds Dolphins, Lopez Struts His Stuff