AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2014
Djokovic & Nadal Dominate When 'Big 4' Reach Last 8
by Greg Sharko|
For the fourth time in five years at the Australian Open, the Big Four of Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Roger Federer are in the quarter-finals. It’s also the ninth time overall in the past 17 Grand Slam tournaments (since the 2010 Australian Open) that the foursome is in the quarter-finals.
Overall, one of the four players has accounted for 34 of the past 35 Grand Slam titles (except 2009 US Open).
In the eight previous times the quartet has reached the quarter-finals at the same major, Djokovic (4) and Nadal (3) have combined to win seven titles, with Federer winning once, at the 2010 Australian Open.
|Rafael Nadal||QF||QF||F||in QF|
|Novak Djokovic||QF||W||W||in QF|
|Andy Murray||F||F||SF||in QF|
|Roger Federer||W||SF||SF||in QF|
- Federer, Tiger Woods Are Most Financially Valuable Athletes
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner, Youzhny, Fognini Headline
- Federer Meets Lindsey Vonn On 'Top Of Europe' In Lindt Challenge
- Nadal Wins ESPY For Best Male Tennis Player
- FedEx ATP Performance Zone: Hard Court Heavyweights
- Djokovic's Wedding Features In Hello! Magazine