AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2014
Djokovic & Nadal Dominate When 'Big 4' Reach Last 8
by Greg Sharko|
For the fourth time in five years at the Australian Open, the Big Four of Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Roger Federer are in the quarter-finals. It’s also the ninth time overall in the past 17 Grand Slam tournaments (since the 2010 Australian Open) that the foursome is in the quarter-finals.
Overall, one of the four players has accounted for 34 of the past 35 Grand Slam titles (except 2009 US Open).
In the eight previous times the quartet has reached the quarter-finals at the same major, Djokovic (4) and Nadal (3) have combined to win seven titles, with Federer winning once, at the 2010 Australian Open.
|Rafael Nadal||QF||QF||F||in QF|
|Novak Djokovic||QF||W||W||in QF|
|Andy Murray||F||F||SF||in QF|
|Roger Federer||W||SF||SF||in QF|
- Federer Clips Karlovic For 11th Basel Final Berth
- Murray Beats Ferrer In Valencia; Strengthens Bid For London Berth
- Djokovic, Federer Resume Battle For Year-End No. 1 In Paris; Countdown To London
- Nadal To Miss Remainder of 2014 Season
- Nadal To Play In Rio Open In 2015
- Federer Races To 47-Minute Win; Dimitrov Battles Past Teenager