PLAYER NEWS 2014
Djokovic Hints Wedding Day Is Drawing Near
by ATP Staff|
Novak Djokovic has hinted that his wedding to fiancée and long-term girlfriend Jelena Ristic is not too far away.
The Serb proposed to Ristic in September, shortly after finishing runner-up to Rafael Nadal in the US Open final. He did not lose another match until the Australian Open quarter-finals, when he was stunned in five sets by eventual champion Stanislas Wawrinka.
Appearing on a Serbian talk show alongside Ristic, who manages the Novak Djokovic Foundation, Djokovic said, “Jelena, enjoy it while you can. In a couple of months you will be changing your last name to Djokovic.”
Djokovic will make his return to the ATP World Tour at the end of February as the defending champion at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. He will be attempting to win the tournament for a fifth time in six years.
- Federer Challenges Djokovic In No. 1 Battle
- Djokovic: "Federer Is Playing As Good As Ever"
- Novak & Roger: The Rivalry
- Djokovic Reaches Shanghai SFs, Extends Winning Streak In China
- Djokovic Made To Work In Shanghai; Plays Ferrer In QFs
- Dominant Djokovic Has Year-End No. 1 In Sight After “Best Final In My Career”