PBZ ZAGREB INDOORS 2014
Rojer/Tecau Celebrate Zagreb Doubles Success
by ATP Staff|
“It is very nice,” Rojer told ATPWorldTour.com. “We had hoped for this when we decided to start playing together. Of course, getting a first title so early in the season is nice. Hopefully, we can use this confidence in the bigger tournaments now. I didn’t know it was my 10th title. My partner is probably laughing at that, as he has much more.”
For Tecau it was his second title at the ATP World Tour 250 tournament. Three years ago he partnered Dick Norman to earn the silverware.
Tecau told ATPWorldTour.com, “I had a tough game on serve in the first set, when we got broken. But we stayed strong and kept fighting to give ourselves a chance of playing better in the second set. In the Match Tie-break, we came out aggressively and became more so once we got a bit of a lead. We did not play many matches in Australia, so this week is very welcome. With big tournaments coming up, it is important to win a title.”
The Dutch-Romanian pair share €23,500 in prize money and earn 250 Emirates ATP Doubles Rankings points. Rojer is now 10-11 in ATP World Tour finals, while Tecau improved to 17-13 overall.
Mertinak won the doubles title at the inaugural Zagreb tournament in 2006, partnering with Jaroslav Levinsky.
- Rojer Honoured In Home-Town Ceremony
- Bryans’ 100th Title, Zimonjic 600th Win Lead Doubles Storylines In 2014
- Kubot/Lindstedt Complete Group A With 3-0 Record; Now For Dodig/Melo SF
- Watch Rojer/Tecau Hot Shot; Peya/Soares Save 1 M.P. In Group A Win
- Doubles Groups Determined For Final Showdown
- Rojer/Tecau Clinch Eighth Team Title Of Year In Valencia; Boost London Chances