COPA CLARO 2014
Granollers/Lopez Capture Buenos Aires Title
Buenos Aires, Argentina
by ATP Staff|
Granollers and Lopez completed an impressive run through the Buenos Aires draw, which saw them not relinquish a set all week. The title is their first since claiming the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals crown in London in 2012.
Both players captured their 10th individual doubles crowns with the win. Granollers had previously won in Buenos Aires in 2009, alongside countryman Alberto Martin.
“The key was we were very solid with our serve,” said Granollers to ATPWorldTour.com. “We played a very tough match against Pablo and Horacio. We were a few break points down in the first and second sets and I think we finished very strong.”
Cuevas and Zeballos, meanwhile, were bidding for their first team title. They reached the final in Kuala Lumpur last year.
Zeballos, who currently resides in Buenos Aires, hoisted the trophy on home soil with fellow Argentine Sebastian Prieto in 2010.
Granollers and Lopez split $26,920 in prize money and earn 250 Emirates ATP Doubles Rankings points, while the Uruguayan-Argentine duo of Cuevas and Zeballos share $14,150 and 150 points.
- Nadal Wins First Title Of 2015 In Buenos Aires
- Comeback Kings Nieminen & Sa Reign In Buenos Aires
- Nadal To Tangle With Monaco For Buenos Aires Crown
- Nadal To Face Berlocq in Buenos Aires SF; Almagro And Monaco To Clash
- Nadal Attends Charity Clinic In Buenos Aires
- Berlocq Ousts Fognini In Buenos Aires; Robredo Advances To QFs