COPA CLARO 2014
Fognini, Ferrer Into Buenos Aires Semi-Finals
Buenos Aires, Argentina
by ATP Staff|
Fabio Fognini remains on course to reach his fifth straight ATP World Tour clay-court final. The second seed defeated Pablo Andujar 6-4, 6-3 in one hour and 35 minutes at the Copa Claro, extending his record on clay courts to 22-1 since last year’s Roland Garros.
Fognini lifted trophies at Stuttgart (d. Kohlschreiber), Hamburg (d. Delbonis) and reached the Umag final (l. to Robredo) last year. He won the Vina del Mar crown (d. L. Mayer) last week. He next meets Spaniard Tommy Robredo, who advanced to the semi-finals for the fourth time in five appearances at Buenos Aires. The 2009 champion (d. Monaco) was leading sixth seed Robin Haase 6-1, 2-0 after 41 minutes of play when Haase retired due to a back injury.
Watch Fognini v. Andujar Highlights
Almagro, the tournament champion in 2011, has won a record six titles during the 'Golden Swing' during his career.
- ATP Announces Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo Weeks On 2015 ATP World Tour Calendar
- Ferrer Defeats Fognini For Buenos Aires Three-Peat
- Granollers/Lopez Capture Buenos Aires Title
- Ferrer To Vie For Buenos Aires Three-Peat Against Fognini
- Almagro, Chardy Prevail In Buenos Aires; Ferrer Extends Streak
- Almagro Chasing More Gold In Buenos Aires