COPA CLARO 2014
Robredo, Granollers Win Buenos Aires Opener
Buenos Aires, Argentina
by ATP Staff|
The third-seeded Robredo, who failed to convert four match points in a second-round defeat to Leonardo Mayer in Vina del Mar, advanced with a 6-4, 6-4 win over countryman Pablo Carreno Busta. The 2009 champion improved to a 13-3 mark in Buenos Aires.
Granollers, who fell to Santiago Giraldo in two tie-break sets last week, was again put to the test in a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Slovenia’s Aljaz Bedene. The fifth seed saved all four break points faced while converting six of his 14 opportunities for the two hour, 49-minute victory.
Pella defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 7-6(6), 6-4, keeping the Spaniard two victories shy of the 200-match wins milestone, while Andujar rallied for a 3-6, 7-5, 6-1 win over Argentine Federico Delbonis.
Argentine Maximo Gonzalez set up a first-round meeting with top seed and two-time defending champion David Ferrer after prevailing against Guilherme Clezar 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in three hours and seven minutes. Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo, Martin Alund and Christian Garin also qualified for the main draw.
- ATP Announces Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo Weeks On 2015 ATP World Tour Calendar
- Ferrer Defeats Fognini For Buenos Aires Three-Peat
- Granollers/Lopez Capture Buenos Aires Title
- Ferrer To Vie For Buenos Aires Three-Peat Against Fognini
- Fognini, Ferrer Into Buenos Aires Semi-Finals
- Almagro, Chardy Prevail In Buenos Aires; Ferrer Extends Streak