RIO OPEN PRESENTED BY CLARO HDTV 2014
Nadal Visits Christ The Redeemer In Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
by ATP Staff|
Rafael Nadal visited Christ the Redeemer, a 30-metre statue of Jesus Christ, that sits at the peak of the Corcovado mountain in Rio de Janeiro, on Saturday. Completed in 1931, the symbol of Brazilian Christianity is listed among the New Seven Wonders of the World.
"It is one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen," Nadal said. "It is very beautiful, with the surrounding mountains it is an amazing view. The statue is fantastic. It is great to be in Rio. It is always nice to visit new places and Rio was definitely one of the places I wanted to be"
The World No. 1 is competing at the inaugural Rio Open presented by Claro hdtv. The Spaniard has a 24-2 match record at ATP World Tour tournaments in Latin America, including titles at Costa Do Sauipe and Acapulco in 2005, and last year at Sao Paulo and Acapulco.
Watch Nadal's Visit (Video courtesy: Rio Open)
- Rivalries 2014 - Djokovic vs. Nadal
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Nadal Optimistic Ahead of 2015 Comeback
- Nadal To Miss Remainder of 2014 Season
- Nadal To Play In Rio Open In 2015
- Nadal Sweeps Into Basel QFs; Coric Records Biggest Win Of His Career