DELRAY BEACH OPEN BY THE VENETIAN® LAS VEGAS 2014
Lopez Defeats Querrey In Delray Beach Opener
Delray Beach, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff|
Lopez, who reached the quarter-finals on his one previous tournament appearance in 2002, dropped serve twice in the opening set but did not face another break point on serve the rest of the way. He converted five of his 14 break point chances.
"It's the first match I play outdoors," he said. "After Australia, I went to Davis Cup and to Memphis, so I was month playing inside which is so different. You need a few days to adjust to conditions, but today was a pretty nice day to play. I didn't play my best, he didn't play his best, but I'm happy to go through."
Sock had defeated Mannarino in their two previous FedEx ATP Head2Head meetings this season, including last week in Memphis, when he prevailed in a third set tie-break. On Monday, Sock managed to convert just one of his eight break points, while Mannarino went four for nine on his opportunities.
Americans Wayne Odesnik, Steve Johnson, Rhyne Williams and Portugal’s Gastao Elias all won in the final round of qualifying. Samuel Groth, who lost to Johnson, also secured a place in the main draw as a lucky loser after Canadian Vasek Pospisil withdrew with a lower back injury. He opens against Memphis finalist Ivo Karlovic.
- Cilic Survives Anderson Test For Delray Beach Crown
- Bryans Claim Delray Beach Hat-trick
- Anderson Closing On Second Delray Beach Title, Faces Cilic In Final
- Cilic Extends Dominant Form In Delray Beach; Johnson Upsets Lopez
- Isner Survives Delray Beach Thriller, Cilic Reaches QFs
- Nadal's Rio Adventures; Take A Tour Of Anderson's Household