DUBAI DUTY FREE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2014
Djokovic Flying High In Dubai
by ATP Staff|
Defending champion Novak Djokovic was flying high on Friday ahead of his Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships campaign. Joined by his brother, Marko, and head coach Boris Becker, the Serb went for an adrenaline-fuelled pre-tournament activity: indoor skydiving.
The 26-year-old Djokovic was a guest of HH Shiekh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, himself a keen skydiver, at his private wind tunnel, operated by Inflight Dubai. After a pre-flight briefing by instructor Brad Cole, Djokovic braved the wind tunnel, which is powered by four huge turbine engines and can reach top speeds of over 320 kilometres an hour.
Becker, who began coaching Djokovic at the start of the season, posted on his Twitter account, “It's the real deal #skydive ! Can't believe we went inside...well it's not out of an airplane ....but...”
Djokovic is due to return to action next week for the first time since losing in the Australian Open quarter-finals against eventual champion Stanislas Wawrinka. The Belgrade native has a 28-3 event record in Dubai, winning the title in 2009-11 and 2013 (d. Berdych). The top seed is due to face Denis Istomin in the first round.
- Watch Djokovic Spark Comeback Vs. Nadal In 2011 Miami Final
- Novak's Early Claim For Year-End No. 1 In Emirates ATP Rankings
- Brain Game: Djokovic Serves Up Clever Tactics For Victory
- Djokovic's Desert Dream: How The Indian Wells Final Was Won
- Match Vs Federer Is "The Ultimate Final" Says Djokovic
- Djokovic Blasts Murray To Return To Indian Wells Final