OPEN 13 2014
Davydenko To Play Tsonga In Marseille
by ATP Staff|
Former World No. 3 Nikolay Davydenko, the oldest player competing in the Open 13 field at 32 years and eight months, will meet second seed and defending champion Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the second round after a fine performance on Tuesday.
Davydenko hit 12 aces to knock out Igor Sijsling 6-4, 6-4 in 82 minutes. Sijsling is at a career-high No. 52 in the Emirates ATP Rankings after he reached the semi-finals at last week's ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam (l. to Cilic).
Sixth seed Edouard Roger-Vasselin, who is one of eight Frenchmen in the Top 50 of the Emirates ATP Rankings, hit 13 aces and withstood 23 aces from Ante Pavic’s racquet to beat the qualifier 3-6, 7-6(5), 7-5. He will next face Sergiy Stakhovsky, who saved 10 of 12 break points and struck 15 aces in a 3-6, 7-6(4), 6-4 victory over qualifier Daniel Evans in just under two hours.
- Simon Wins Second Marseille Crown
- Draganja/Kontinen Continue Winning Run With Marseille Title
- All-French Final Set In Marseille
- Stakhovsky Upsets Wawrinka In Marseille; Monfils To Face Bautista Agut In SF
- Bolelli Records First Top 10 Win In Marseille
- Nadal Sambas In Rio, Bryan Brothers Battle In Beach Olympics