RIO OPEN PRESENTED BY CLARO HDTV 2014
Cabal/Farah Clinch Rio Doubles Crown
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
by ATP Staff|
Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah captured their first ATP World Tour doubles title on Sunday as they defeated second seeds David Marrero and Marcelo Melo 6-4, 6-2 in the final of the Rio Open presented by Claro hdtv.
"We're so happy we got the monkey off our back,” said Farah. “We came up short in a couple of finals and now I hope way more titles will come our way."
The Colombians triumphed in 69 minutes, saving all five break points they faced and breaking their opponents three times. They received 500 Emirates ATP Doubles Team Ranking points and split $93,460 in prize money.
"We had an incredible week,” said Cabal. “It was a really good level the whole week. Today, we kept our intensity at 100 per cent and played really well on the important points."
Cabal and Farah were contesting their fourth final together and third of the season, following runner-up finishes in Brisbane (l. to Fyrstenberg/Nestor) and Vina del Mar (l. to Marach/Mergea). Cabal improved to a 1-5 finals record, while Farah improved to a 1-4 mark.
- Nadal Captures 62nd Title In Rio
- Nadal Survives Andujar Thriller, Ferrer Upset By Dolgopolov
- Nadal Sets Andujar Semi-Final Date In Rio, Ferrer Overcomes Bellucci
- Kuerten Honoured In Rio de Janeiro
- Nadal Powers Into Rio Quarters With Fognini, Dolgopolov
- Nadal's Rio Adventures; Take A Tour Of Anderson's Household