DUBAI DUTY FREE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2014
Djokovic Breezes Into Dubai QFs; Closes On 550 Match Wins
by ATP Staff|
Top seed and four-time champion Djokovic cruised into the quarter-finals with a 6-1, 6-3 victory over Roberto Bautista Agut in 55 minutes.
Looking ahead to his match against Youzhny, Djokovic admitted, “Mikhail has been around for a long time, and he has one of the nicest and most efficient one handed backhands on the tour. It seems a little bit unorthodox the way he holds his racquet, then [he] releases with two hands and in the end with one hand. But he's a very talented player.”
Watch Wednesday's Highlights
Djokovic swept through the first set in 23 minutes, winning 88 per cent of his first service points and hitting 12 winners past Bautista Agut in the pair’s second meeting at the ATP World Tour 500 tennis tournament. Djokovic had his serve broken at 5-2 in the second set, but soon wrapped up his 30th match win at the Aviation Club.
When asked about his coaching partnership with Boris Becker, Djokovic said, “Whatever he's trying to work on he discusses with all of us, and, of course, we all have a big respect for Boris. I'm really glad that he's in the team, and I feel like he can contribute in a positive way to my game and to my mental approach on the court.”
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Berdych Goes To Washington
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Isner, Youzhny, Fognini Headline
- FedEx ATP Performance Zone: Hard Court Heavyweights
- Djokovic's Wedding Features In Hello! Magazine
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Ferrer Leads Hamburg Field
- Djokovic Returns To No. 1; Qualifies For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals