BMW OPEN BY FWU AG 2014
Hewitt To Join Haas In Munich
by ATP Staff|
Lleyton Hewitt is returning to the BMW Open by FWU AG and will make his second appearance in the Bavarian capital having reached the quarter-finals in 2009, where he lost to the eventual champion Tomas Berdych.
After having battled a series of injuries in recent years the former No. 1 has fought his way back into the world’s Top 40, which saw him capturing the title in this year’s season-opening event in Brisbane defeating long-time rival Roger Federer in the final.
Two-time Grand Slam winner Hewitt, who has spent 80 weeks at No. 1, is looking forward to the atmosphere at the MTTC Iphitos site: “I really like the tournament in Munich, it spreads a relaxing atmosphere and I always enjoyed the great support from the crowd there. I’m glad I can come back to Munich and play there again”, said the Australian, who celebrated his 33rd birthday on Monday.
Also confirmed to play alongside Hewitt in Munich is defending champion and German No. 1 Tommy Haas, who will make his eleventh appearance at the BMW Open by FWU AG, and the current World No. 1 junior and Australian Open junior champion, Alexander Zverev, who will make his debut at the event.
- Djokovic, Troicki Hand Serbia 2-0 Advantage In Davis Cup
- Great Britain Seizes Control, Thanks To Murray, Ward
- Federer Attends Hollywood Jewelry Launch
- Cilic Stops By CNN; Excited To Start Season In Indian Wells
- Stan Wawrinka Takes Over ATP Insider
- Djokovic Makes Davis Cup Return To The Delight Of Fans