BNP PARIBAS OPEN 2014
Del Potro Withdraws From Indian Wells
Indian Wells, U.S.A.
"It's still hurting a lot," said del Potro. "I'm not feeling 100 per cent. I'm not in good condition to compete."
The 25-year-old Del Potro finished runner-up to Rafael Nadal in last year’s Indian Wells final.
"I feel the same pain every day and it bothers me a lot," he said. "I'm trying to be very careful."
World No. 7 Del Potro retired due to the same injury, after losing the first set 7-6(3) against Somdev Devvarman, in the first round of last week’s Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.
- Indian Wells, Dubai & London-Queen's Voted 2014 ATP World Tour Tournaments Of The Year
- Fish To Make Comeback At Indian Wells
- Brain Game: Djokovic Forces Federer Back
- Djokovic Denies Federer To Win Third Indian Wells Title
- Federer: The Fire Still Burns
- Djokovic Delight: How The Indian Wells Final Was Won