BNP PARIBAS OPEN 2014
Soares/Peya Reaches Indian Wells SFs; Bryans Pull Late Shift
Indian Wells, U.S.A.
The second seeds defeated Treat Huey and Dominic Inglot 7-6(4), 6-7(3), 10-7 in one hour and 47 minutes. The Austrian/Brazilian team is attempting to capture their second ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown, having lifted silverware at 2013 Montreal (d. Fleming/A.Murray)
In the final match of the day, top seeds and defending champions Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan recorded their 30th match win at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden with a 6-3, 6-2 second-round victory over Frenchmen Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin.
The Bryans, who will now meet another French team, Nicolas Mahut and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, won their 94th tour-level title at the Delray Beach Open by The Venetian® Las Vegas (d. Cermak/Elgin) last month. They also reached the U.S. National Indoor Tennis Championships final (l. to Butorac/Klaasen).
- Indian Wells, Dubai & London-Queen's Voted 2014 ATP World Tour Tournaments Of The Year
- Fish To Make Comeback At Indian Wells
- Brain Game: Djokovic Forces Federer Back
- Djokovic Denies Federer To Win Third Indian Wells Title
- Federer: The Fire Still Burns
- Djokovic Delight: How The Indian Wells Final Was Won