SONY OPEN TENNIS 2014
Del Potro Withdraws From Miami
by ATP Staff|
Argentine Juan Martin del Potro announced his withdrawal from the Sony Open Tennis due to his left wrist injury, sharing his decision in a Facebook post on Wednesday.
“During these days I was training at Crandon Park and followed the treatment to try to play in Miami, but I still feel pain in my left wrist and I don't feel competitive to go on court,” he wrote. “It's a pity because this is a special tournament for me since there are many Latin fans and Argentines in particular. In the next few days I will visit my doctor again to determine the following steps.”
The World No. 8 has not played a match since retiring with the injury in his opening match at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. He also missed the BNP Paribas Open, the first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament of the season.
- Watch Nadal Win Crazy Hot Shot Exchange
- Nadal Kicks Off Miami Title Quest With Win
- Murray Dismisses Young; Berdych Curbs Chung's Run
- Thiem Scores Upset Over Lopez; Wawrinka Edges Berlocq In Miami
- Djokovic/Tipsarevic Fall Short In Miami Comeback Effort
- Nadal, Murray Headline Miami Second Round Friday