PLAYER NEWS 2014
Del Potro Updates Fans On Wrist Recovery
by ATP Staff|
Juan Martin del Potro shared news about his recovery from recent left wrist surgery, posting a Facebook photo and message for his fans on Wednesday.
“Hello, everyone! Here’s a picture of my first visit to the Mayo Clinic after the surgery,” wrote the 25 year old. “Dr. [Richard] Berger was pleased with the examination and I now have a shorter splint. Thanks for your messages!”
In the next stage of rehabilitation, Dr. Berger has prescribed a plan for the 2009 US Open champion to begin moving his fingers slowly. Del Potro must return to the Minnesota-based facility for another examination in a couple of weeks.
The Tandil native, who had successfully recovered from right wrist surgery in 2010, underwent surgery on 24 March to repair damaged ligaments in his left wrist. Del Potro first suffered pain in August 2012 and received treatment injections for the injury in 2013. The pain resurfaced at the 2014 Australian Open and forced him to retire from a match in Dubai, as well as withdraw from ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events in Indian Wells and Miami.
- Del Potro "More Determined Than Ever" After Minor Surgery
- 'Smart' DelPo Withdraws From Australian Open
- Del Potro: "I Did More Than What I Expected" In Comeback
- Kukushkin Ends Del Potro's Sydney Run; Troicki Reaches Semis
- Del Potro Beats Fognini For Sydney QF Berth; Goffin Beaten
- Del Potro Discusses Comeback Expectations