MONTE-CARLO ROLEX MASTERS 2014
Federer Takes Monte-Carlo Wild Card
by ATP Staff|
Roger Federer has taken a wild card into next week’s Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, and will join eight-time titlist Rafael Nadal and defending champion Novak Djokovic at the first of three clay-court Masters 1000 tournaments.
The 32-year-old Swiss will be making his first Monte-Carlo appearance since a quarter-final exit in 2011 (l. to Melzer), and his 11th overall. He has a 23-10 tournament record.
Federer, a winner of seven different Masters 1000 tournaments, will be looking to win the Monte-Carlo title for the first time. He finished runner-up to Nadal in three straight visits, from 2006-08.
- Dimitrov Sails Into Third Round; Joins Fellow Finals Contender Ferrer
- Thiem Stuns Gulbis In Five Sets
- Berdych Wrestles Past Klizan In US Open Second Round; Fognini Falls
- Cilic To Face Anderson In Third Round; Monfils, Gasquet Advance
- Federer, Ferrer, Berdych Lead US Open Day Five Action
- Nestor/Zimonjic March On At US Open