MONTE-CARLO ROLEX MASTERS 2014
Peya/Soares Open Monte-Carlo Campaigns; Nestor/Zimonjic Into QFs
by ATP Staff|
The second seeds, who have a 0-4 record in ATP World Tour finals this year - including at last month's BNP Paribas Open (l. to Bryans), defeated Italians Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini 6-2, 6-3 in 70 minutes. The Austrian-Brazilian team won their first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophy at the Coupe Rogers in Montreal (d. A. Murray-Fleming) last year.
Fifth seeds Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic, winners of 25 tour-level titles and the 2009-10 Monte-Carlo crowns, edged past Poles Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski 6-7(6), 7-6(3), 10-7 in one hour and 49 minutes for a place in the last eight.
Eighth seeds Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin, who picked up the Open 13 title (d. Hanley-Marray) in February, beat Colombians Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah 6-4, 5-7, 10-4 to set up a clash against the top seeds and three-time former titlists Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan.
- Melzer/Petzschner Return To Winners' Circle In Vienna
- Butorac/Klaasen Continue Push For London With Stockholm Crown
- Bolelli/Fognini Give Italy Lifeline; Switzerland Leads 2-1
- 100 Team Titles: A Remarkable Achievement
- Brunstrom/Monroe Fight Back To Clinch Bastad Crown
- Kowalczyk/Sitak Capture Stuttgart Crown