ATP WORLD TOUR 250 TOURNAMENT
St. Petersburg 250 Event Moves To Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv, Israel
by ATP Staff|
The ATP announced today that the ATP World Tour 250 event in St. Petersburg, Russia, will be relocated to Tel Aviv, Israel, in 2014, following the approval of the tournament’s request by the ATP Board of Directors at its meetings in Monte-Carlo this week. The approval is subject to final agreement of conditions between ATP and the tournament.
Ruslan Linkov, Tournament Representative, said: “After 19 memorable years in St. Petersburg, the time has come for us to take the tournament in a new direction. We are very excited about the opportunities that lie in Tel Aviv and look forward to holding a successful event in September.”
The tournament will take place at the Israel Tennis Centre at Ramat HaSharon from the 15-21 September, 2014, and will offer USD 1,000,000 in prize money. The tournament relocation means that the ATP World Tour will return to Israel for the first time since 1996.
- Brain Game: Stan's Bruising Backhand Stops Federer
- The Best Of Monte-Carlo's Hot Shots
- Corona ATP Weekly Slice: Nadal Bids For Barcelona Defence; Dimitrov's First Time As Top Seed
- Wawrinka Now Leads Emirates ATP Race To London
- Wawrinka Beats Federer For First Masters 1000 Crown
- Federer 'Happy' For Wawrinka's Monte-Carlo Win