BARCELONA OPEN BANC SABADELL 2014
The Last Time... Tommy Robredo
by ATP Staff|
Tommy Robredo is the fifth seed at this week’s Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell. The Spaniard won the title at the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona in 2004 (d. Gaudio) and finished runner-up two years later (l. to Nadal).
The 31-year-old Robredo, a winner of 12 ATP World Tour titles, tells ATPWorldTour.com the last time…
Being famous helped me?
Having a booking for a restaurant, maybe… That could be the last time.
I cooked for myself or others?
Yesterday. I cooked pasta with grilled squid and some dessert for myself. The day before I cooked for me and my girlfriend. There were no complaints! She liked it.
I met a childhood idol?
I didn’t have many idols growing up, but maybe seeing Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi live for the first time. I was impressed.
I shared a hotel room with another player?
Oh a long, long time ago. Maybe 10 years ago or something like that. I don’t remember who the other player was.
I drove myself to a tournament?
Well, from Monte-Carlo we drove back to Barcelona with some friends: Magali, my charity foundation director, her husband and the kids. They came to see me and we drove back. I drove more than half of the journey.
I paid money to rent a tennis court or buy tennis balls?
It happens in my hometown, at my tennis club. I am not practising there right know, but when I go there my father pays for a court.
I strung my own tennis racquet?
When I was 15 I tried to. Then I realised that it is better to pay whatever it is to get someone else to do it than doing it myself!
I visited my childhood tennis club?
It would have been a couple of months ago. My father is the coach there so I go there often.
I played a sport other than tennis that might have caused a minor injury?
I rode a bike a couple of months ago and I played football several months ago, but I’ve never got any injuries like this.
I failed an exam?
When I was 18 maybe. My problem was that I was not at school much. I didn’t have very good marks, but it was because I wasn't there. When I was there, I always had the same mark, 5/10.
Something embarrassing happened to me on court?
It's embarrassing when you are on the court and you cannot put the ball inside the lines and somebody is watching you. You really feel bad for him and for yourself.
I played a practical joke on a player?
Every week. We always have fun telling jokes to one another.
I was asked if I was a tennis player?
A couple of weeks ago somebody asked me, ‘Do you still play tennis?’ And I said, ‘oh, yes!’
I visited a country for the first time?
Normally I travel to the same places, so I can't remember.
- The Last Time... With Jamie Murray & John Peers
- The Last Time... With Julien Benneteau
- The Last Time... With Dominic Thiem
- The Last Time... With Jarkko Nieminen
- The Last Time... With Dudi Sela
- The Last Time... With Benoit Paire
- The Last Time... With Robby Ginepri
- The Last Time... With Steve Johnson
- The Last Time... With Ivo Karlovic
- The Last Time... With Tomas Berdych
- The Last Time... With Philipp Kohlschreiber
- The Last Time... With Nestor & Zimonjic
- The Last Time... With Jeremy Chardy
- The Last Time... With Feliciano Lopez
- The Last Time... With Vasek Pospisil
- The Last Time... With Bopanna & Qureshi
- The Last Time... With Sergiy Stakhovsky
- The Last Time... With Grigor Dimitrov
- The Last Time... With Gael Monfils
- The Last Time... With Dustin Brown