PLAYER NEWS 2014
Djokovic To Become A Father
by ATP Staff|
World No. 2 Novak Djokovic and his fiancé, Jelena Ristic, announced Thursday on Facebook and Twitter that they are expecting their first child.
Writing the news on Facebook, Djokovic, who is holidaying in Athens with Ristic while he rests his injured right wrist, said, “My dear friends, You've been with me through many tough and good times in my career. I've been blessed to travel the world, play the most beautiful sport that brings me a lot of excitement and joy; I am happy, loved and healthy. Jelena and I are truly blessed to soon become parents! My love is pregnant!”
Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole) April 24, 2014
Djokovic and Ristic, who is Director of the Novak Djokovic Foundation, got engaged following the Serb’s run to last year's US Open final (l. to Nadal) and it prompted a run of 28 wins in a row for Djokovic. The World No. 2 finished 2013 with titles in Beijing, Shanghai, Paris and at the year-end Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London. His winning streak ended with defeat to Stanislas Wawrinka in the Australian Open quarter-finals.
- Djokovic Storms Into US Open Third Round
- Djokovic Cruises In Opener; Raonic Claims First-Round Battle
- Djokovic: "Everybody Is Starting From Scratch"
- FedEx ATP Performance Zone: Vs. Top 10
- Djokovic "Extremely Motivated And Inspired" In New York
- Djokovic-Murray On US Open QF Collision Course; Ferrer In Federer's Half