PLAYER NEWS 2014
Ferrero To Open Academy In Shenzhen
by Robert Davis|
Juan Carlos Ferrero is bringing his tennis team to China by opening a new academy, the Grand Gemdale-Ferrero International Tennis Academy in Shenzhen.
“I am very excited to be a part of the Gemdale-Ferrero Academy concept,” Ferrero said during a launch ceremony. “I feel that Shenzhen is becoming a very important city in China for tennis, and together with the work ethic they have plus our training philosophy, I am confident that we can improve players and develop future champions.”
“The qualities that Juan Carlos demonstrated throughout his entire career were humility and hard work,” commented Martinez Cascales. “That has been our motto at the Juan Carlos Academy in Spain, and now we believe that China is ready for an tennis academy of the highest standards.”
Shenzhen is currently a hotbed of tennis activity with an ATP World Tour 250 event, the Shenzhen Open, making its debut this September and an ATP Challenger Tour event this week.
Ferrero’s new academy has a stadium court capacity for 5,000 seats, 20 hard courts, four indoor hard and four indoor clay courts. In addition, there is a four-star hotel for all academy residents.
The Grand Gemdale-Ferrero International Tennis Academy will officially open its doors in September.
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Nishikori Headline In Asia; Nadal Returns To Action
- Murray Saves 5 Match Points For Shenzhen Crown
- Rojer/Tecau Win Sixth Team Title In Shenzhen
- Murray, Nishikori Look To Further London Bids In Sunday Finals
- Murray Digs Deep, Faces Robredo In Shenzhen Final
- Murray Sets Monaco SF Clash; Robredo To Face Giraldo