Djokovic Focuses On Madrid Return
by ATP Staff|
In Monte-Carlo last week, the Serb revealed that he sustained a right wrist injury, contributing to his semi-final exit (l. to Federer).
“Fortunately, the situation... is better than it first seemed," said Djokovic on his website. “Doctors assured me that I will be ready for Madrid, then Rome and Roland Garros, just as it has been planned. However, I need to continue with the recovery process and full medical treatments. It means I will have to take a short break in order to recover as soon as possible.”
The 2011 Madrid champion (d. Nadal) bowed out early last year, losing to Grigor Dimitrov in the second round. This season, the 26 year old has compiled a 19-3* FedEx ATP Win/Loss record, picking up titles in Indian Wells (d. Federer) and Miami (d. Nadal).
*Corrected figure. Djokovic's 2014 match record was incorrectly reported in an earlier version of this story.
- Best Grand Slam Matches Of 2014 - Nos. 1-2
- Rivalries 2014 - Djokovic vs. Nadal
- Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic Lead Storylines As 2014 Year-End Emirates ATP Rankings Are Published
- Rivalries Of 2014: Djokovic vs. Federer
- Djokovic Looks Back On "More Than Impressive" Season
- Djokovic Crowned Champion For Fourth Time